Thursday, April 24, 2008

Forgetting Sarah Marshall



Monday was an unusual day. I had the opportunity to work all night and produce "Newswatch 16 This Morning," so my day was free.




I hadn't seen a movie in ages, and "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" has been getting good reviews, including three and a half stars from Roger Ebert in the Chicago Sun-Times. I liked it, though not as much as some of the critics. I wondered if I was missing some of the laughs, but it was difficult to tell. I often gauge the movie by the reactions of other movie goers, but at the Monday 12:25 pm show, I was the only one in the house!




You'll be impressed by Mila Kunis, who played Jackie in "That 70's Show." Ebert called her "stunningly gorgeous." On top of that, Kunis can act.





This was my first visit to the downtown Scranton cineplex since it was remodeled a few years ago. Yes, I don't get out much. The theater was nice, but the men's room was a mess. The parking garage elevator was filled with trash, but that's the Parking Authority's problem.