Friday, May 9, 2008

Just What I Needed


The area's fast food landscape is getting a little more crowded. Sonic is scouting for locations in northeastern Pennsylvania.

Sonic isn't much different from the others-- burgers, fries, sandwiches, drinks, milk shakes, etc., but here's what really appeals to me. Sonic offers it's entire menu, all day. As you know, I'm an extreme early riser. Now, I can get that 6:00 AM chili dog.

While I'm on the subject of fast food, what is the new fascination with chicken breakfast sandwiches? Parts of the country have had them for years. This week, both Arby's and McDonald's introduced chicken biscuits here in our area. Good idea. Long overdue.

CBS News correspondent Mike Wallace is 90 today. It's also the 47th anniversary of the day FCC Commissioner Newton Minnow called television a "vast wasteland." Not much has changed. Mike Wallace still does an occasional report for "60 Minutes" and you know the rest.