Friday, September 12, 2008

Bad Photography Weekend

Welcome to another Bad Photography Weekend.

Perhaps I should have waited a few weeks, when fall foliage season kicks in, but I had the rare combination of time on my hands and ambition the other morning, so I decided to explore Jim Thorpe in Carbon County.

I talked about it a few weeks ago-- how I drop in to a town, do a story fast, then get out, without having the chance to look around. Jim Thorpe was always one of those places that begged for a closer look.

This picture was taken from the top of Flagstaff Mountain. The building with the red roof is the Asa Packer Mansion. The Carbon County Courthouse is in the middle. The train station is at the lower right. Train tracks and the Lehigh River are at the far right.

With any luck, the photo reflects the view. Spectacular.

As always, you can "click" on the photo to make it larger.