Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day II


Labor Day used to me my least favorite holiday of the year.

It signaled back-to-school, shorter days, cooler weather, the end of vacation time...

Now, it's among my favorite holidays. Why? Because it signals back-to-school time, cooler weather, and the start of a vacation.

Ever since my first full time job, I've been taking vacation time in September. It's a great time of year. Opressive summer heat is gone. The kids are back in school. Nothing's crowded. Clear, comfortable days. Delightfully cool nights.

As is the norm with my vacations-- no plans. I'll go where and when the wind takes me. I might miss a day or two, but there will be blog updates. I'm addicted, and the new system allows for posting in advance, and from remote locations.

Speaking of norms, Norm Jones has the anchor desk this weekend.

Good Lord willing, I'll see you on the 13th.