Wednesday, September 10, 2008

People


At the risk of incurring the wrath of Time, Inc., here's a photo from the September 8 edition of People magazine. I'm in the background, in the middle, the guy in the blue shirt.

It was taken a few weeks ago in Pottsville, at the preliminary hearing for two of the suspects charged in the beating death of Luis Ramirez in Shenandoah.

The suspects had a bail hearing several days later, and the Washington Post sent a photographer. I don't look at the Post's web site every day, so I can't tell you if a story has been published.

There will be even more national attention if and when the case comes to trial.

My "career" in journalism began in 1981, and this is one of the most emotional stories I've ever covered. Everyone has an opinion. Some make sense. Others don't. The outcome will be interesting, no matter what happens.

Schuylkill County and northeastern Pennsylvania-- get used to the national spotlight.