Thursday, November 27, 2008

Holiday Sermon


I usually don't associate Joe Snedeker with philosophy of significance, but he came up with a good one Monday morning.

Joe was congratulating me on this blog's occasional appearance in the weekly ranking of the top 25 visited items at WNEP.com. I told Joe that I was glad people read the blog, but it only gets 250 hits a day, and that really isn't a lot.

Joe responded by saying there are clergy members who would be thrilled to have 250 people in church every day, and I get to preach to a full church of 250 on a daily basis.

That's a nice way to look at it, so let's offer a Thanksgiving day reading from the Book of Andrew.

It might not be staring us in the face, but we all have things for which we are thankful. There are days you have to look hard. Trust me. They're there.

Thanks for being here, and Happy Thanksgiving !