Friday, January 30, 2009

Sunday



Despite a 1-5 record in the last six NFL playoff games, I'm going to keep trying.

The Pittsburgh Steelers take on the Arizona Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII Sunday evening. The Steelers are a 7 point favorite.

I don't gamble, but if I was in Vegas, I'd take the Cardinals and and points. Plus, I believe the Cardinals have about a 45 per cent chance of winning the game outright.

The Steelers have a killer defense, the best in the league, and that means a lot. Troy Polamalu is the man. On the other hand, you have to put points on the board. That's the part that really scares me. While the Steelers, except for Hines Ward, are healthy, the offense has been inconsistent, at best. Ben Roethlisberger can win a game for you. He can also lose one.

The Cardianals don't have a great offense, but they get it done. Larry Fitzgerald is a force to be reckoned with.

If the Steelers win, it'll be close.