Monday, February 2, 2009

Random Monday


It's been a while since I inflicted some random thoughts on you.

Clear Channel, a company that owns hundreds of radio stations, announced it was firing nine per cent of its staff. The bomb was dropped on Obama inauguration day. It's widely believed the company hoped the Obama inauguration would divert the public's attention from the dismissals.

The Catholic Diocese of Scranton announced a massive round of church closings on Super Bowl Sunday.

I still haven't been to Circuit City to pick over the remains. It's a waste of time now. I doubt anything good is left.

Don't talk to me about Super Bowl commercials. They might be cute, but they're still commercials.

I still can't get used to those narrow little newspapers.

Diet cola is still my drink of choice, but diet lemon lime is finding its way into my glass more often these days.

Enough with the snow and ice!

I think I'm the last person on the planet without a Facebook or My Space site. I do have a profile at LinkedIn.com, but, for the life of me, I can't figure out its value.

Why is audio a foreign concept on local public access cable television?

Speaking of cable, "Monk" is on at least one channel, around the clock.

I don't know how anyone can walk into Luzerne County Court and absolutely, positively believe they are getting a 100 per cent fair shake. Two judges have already been charged, and the rumors about other shenanigans under the dome are running rampant. New President Judge Chester Muroski is trying to get a handle on it, and I believe he will make a difference. However, the feds have to move fast and make other arrests, if warranted. There is no confidence in the system. The quickest way to remedy the situation is to lead the scoundrels out of there in handcuffs. The Ciavarella/Conahan mess is too big for others not to have known what was happening. What did you know, and when did you know it?

I'm not one for concerts and crowds, but the Spinners are coming to Stroudsburg. I'd love to be there. Unfortunately, it's on a Friday night and I have to work.

Don't forget, all TV becomes DTV February 17th. Maybe.

I'm glad I slept through the Super Bowl.

Happy Ground Hog Day!