Monday, April 6, 2009

Other Points of View


The WYOU situation has been eating at me since I first heard the news Friday night. Some friends lost their jobs when the station killed its news operation. I come at this from two perspectives-- a former employee and someone currently in the business.

I'd really like to give you the insider's view and some things that really need to be said. However, this blog is under the semi umbrella of WNEP, and we're trying our best to stay out of other people's business. One day, when a diplomatic way of putting things occurs to me, I'll unload.

Here's what I can do in the meantime. There are two very good blogs on the subject floating around in cyberspace. One comes from Kevin Jordan. The other is from Vince Sweeney. Both are good reads. Click on the names to get to the blogs.