Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Wonder



Above is a yellowed, old comic I keep in a desk drawer at home. I look at it often, and I really do hope I never lose my sense of wonder.

I often take long walks before sunrise. Clear mornings are the best, the mornings when you can see every star, every planet. I wonder how it all got there. I wonder how it all works.

In a lesser sense, I still have that sense of wonder on election day, even after all these years. My first election as a registered voter was 1980. I've worked just about every election day, in one way or another, since 1982. The process still fascinates me. The results are good for hours of reading and interpretation-- and wonder.

Vote if you can. It's important. If you can't, make sure you're registered for November.

And, never lose that sense of wonder.