Thursday, June 25, 2009

Farrah


I don't want to turn the blog into "Obituary Central," but I do feel compelled to say a few words about Farrah Fawcett. She lost her battle to cancer today.

Fawcett's illness was the subject of a recent NBC documentary. Sad doesn't even begin to describe it. The woman suffered. It was heartbreaking.

She wasn't what you'd call a great actress. I didn't own the poster, but I do remember repeated staring sessions at King's in Dunmore as a teen, and that's what's bugging me.

Farrah Fawcett was 62, and she will always be the poster girl. She wasn't supposed to get sick and grow old.

Her struggle and passing show that a lot of years have gone by, and I really didn't want to be reminded of that.

As for Michael Jackson... he sold millions of records and he had millions of fans. I respect and admire that. However, he was a peculiar man, and often, that shined brighter than his talent.