Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Random Wednesday


I've tried. I've really tried to appreciate the so called "genius" of Michael Jackson. I just can't get past the weirdness. He didn't have plastic surgery. He was mutilated. Jackson surrounded himself with a team of enablers. Drug abuse. I'm sorry.

Bernie Madoff. 150 years in jail seems about right.

Sen. Al Franken.

Another new Pennsylvania fiscal year has started. Another new fiscal year without a budget. Our system, and the people we've chosen to run it, fail us.

I drink diet pop by the gallon, but I still can enjoy a good glass of tap water. The chlorine doesn't bother me. I think it disinfects my insides. I feel cleaner.

The situation at the Luzerne County Courthouse and all its annexes gets sillier by the day.

The days are getting shorter, and I'm okay with that.

The SWB Yankees were rained out again last night. How I miss the artificial turf.

Guilty pleasure: "Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives" on the Food Network. It's a celebration of things deep fried and/or covered in cheese and gravy. I wouldn't touch most of that stuff, but it's great fun to watch.

Conan O'Brien's "Tonight" show isn't as hideous as I expected.

I made it home just before a thunderstorm hit yesterday afternoon. I hadn't seen clouds that nasty looking in quite a while, and I was shocked the storm wasn't worse.