Friday, August 7, 2009

TCMC


Our area has more than its share of professional nay-sayers, and yes, I do count myself as an occasional member of that group. I look at it like this-- the complaining keeps you on your toes.

Having said that, it is overwhelmingly refreshing to see the Scranton area support and embrace something-- The Commonwealth Medical College.

Students arrive this weekend. I showed you a couple construction site photos here a couple weeks ago. Until the new building is ready, TCMC operates out of Lackawanna College on Vine Street.

I found this banner hanging over Spruce Street, just off the Central Scranton Expressway.

TCMC could have a huge economic impact on the area, and not just Scranton. There are satellite operations in Wilkes-Barre and Williamsport. It's nice to see the area get behind something positive.