Thursday, September 24, 2009

Crisis


You have to wonder what would happen in this country if we were ever faced with an immediate health care crisis.

I went to my doctor yesterday for my annual flu shot.

I love my doctor and his staff. I don't suffer fools gladly, and if I thought they were anything less than totally competent and professional, I'd be searching for another doctor right now.

I asked what I should do about the H1N1 virus, also known as the swine flu. I was told to watch the news, and call when I hear the vaccine is available. Get this. My health care professionals put in a request to the government for the vaccine, but they're not sure if they'll receive any. I was told the government may opt for mass inoculation clinics,to make sure as many people as possible receive the vaccine.

If health care professionals don't know what's going to happen, how are the rest of us going to stay safe? Thank you, federal government. The feds had months and months to get ready for this, and it appears they're as clueless and unprepared as when the H1N1 virus first started to appear.

God forbid there's ever a major unexpected problem in this country. I fear funeral directors will be very busy.