Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hot Dog!


A survey by the company that makes Ball Park franks shows our area is in the top ten of hot dog consuming places in the country.

Should we proud of that?

I think it's more a matter of economic necessity rather than taste. We are not a rich area. Some hot dog "brands" can be had inexpensively in the supermarket. Zap a couple in the microwave. Boom! Dinner. You can also grab a cheap weenie or two in some mini marts. You know the ones. They've been on the roller grill for days, and they still taste fine. I love hot dogs, but as they say, if you knew what's in them...

I shudder to think of how we'd do if there was a ramen noodle consumption survey. I've seen people load their baskets with those things while I've shopped in drug stores and dollar stores. The same goes for generic cans of Spaghetti O's.

Doing well in a hot dog survey is not cause for celebration.