Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Bus of a Different Color


There are elusive as the Pussycat Swallowtail.

The County of Lackawanna Transit System, or COLTS, has a few new buses.  I've been hoping to get a picture.  One of the new buses passed Monday, as I was at a Columbus Day observance on Courthouse Square in Scranton.  By the time I grabbed my camera, the bus had passed.  I'll get a better shot some other time.

As you can see, the new color scheme is tan, champagne, and green.  When I read about it, I thought I'd hate it.  It was quite the contrary when I saw the new buses for the first time.

Nice!

The old buses were blue, orange, and white.  It was the same logo color scheme used by former commissioners Corcoran and Castellani in their politcal campaign ads. 

Genius! 

The county's buses and all those blue and orange "economic development" signs at construction projects in the county, became part of the campaign, and the taxpayers paid for it.

Brilliant!

I'm assuming blue, orange, and white will be phased out as the county acquires more buses.

As for tan, champagne, and green...  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I surveyed a few people.  I'm the only one who likes it.