Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Time

It was a delightfully productive afternoon.  After work yesterday, I had lunch, got my driver's license photo taken, did a little shopping, got a hair cut, and went for a walk.  It might not seem like much to a normal person, but it's quite an accomplishment when your bed time is long before sunset.  I considered spreading out my tasks over my "weekend," but I went for the blitz.  Now, my days off will be filled with absolutely nothing, and I like it that way.   I have nothing to look forward to.  I have nothing hanging over my head.  Nothing is good.  What pleased me most about my Tuesday afternoon was the speed of the process.   There was only one person in front of me at the driver's license center.  I entered the drug store parking lot as John Stewart's "Gold" was starting on the radio.  I was back in my car as the song was ending.  There was a guy in the barber's chair when I walked in, and the barber was just finishing up.  A streak like that is rare, and I loved it. 

It's too bad every day can't be as fruitful.