Tuesday, March 2, 2010

In the Middle

Hey, come on try a little
Nothing is forever
There's got to be something better than
In the middle
But me & Cinderella
We put it all together
We can drive it home
With one headlight 
-- One Headlight by The Wallflowers 


There are times when "in the middle" isn't so bad.

Case in point:  last week's storm.  A private forecasting service was predicting the second coming of the Holy Redeemer.  It was silly and irresponsible.  The Weather Channel wasn't far behind.

It's no longer enough to predict a storm.  You now have to hype the heck out of it.  Pain and suffering has become a marketing tool.

I should note that there is also a danger in downplaying weather severity. 

We live in Pennsylvania.  I'm checking the record books.  I'm not sure, but I think it's snowed before.

Just give me the information.  I'm a big boy.  I can make up my own mind. 

Yes I'm stuck in the middle with you,
And I'm wondering what it is I should do,
It's so hard to keep this smile from my face,
Losing control, yeah, I'm all over the place,
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right,
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.
--Stuck in the Middle with You by Stealer's Wheel