Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wednesday Scrapple

The postal service is back with its "five day delivery week" proposal.  I'm okay with that, as long as it keeps rates low.  There's not much of a need to have mail delivered on Saturday.

I'd like the snow to disappear tomorrow, but a slow melt is better than a fast one.

A search of the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees schedule shows lots of fireworks, but no promotions like ball day and cap day.  Haven't they learned anything?  Fireworks can only take you so far.  The team continues to treat fans like they're doing them a favor by playing a baseball game.

Another case of arson yesterday-- just a horrible crime.

The Miss America pageant was dropped by TLC yesterday, so it is without a television home.  The pageant died years ago, but no one bothered to tell it.

I'm amazed Turkey Hill gets people to work the overnight shift.

Jay Leno's opening night:  nothing special, not awful.

I read where the popularity of chicken wings has led to a shortage.  I like chicken.  I like fried food.  I like hot and spicy.  However, picking a tiny, greasy, piece of meat off a nasty bone never apealed to me.

Dancing with the Stars new season:  yawn.

I was passing by a tv that had a Mets/Braves spring training game on yesterday.  The world seemed a tiny bit nicer, at least for a little while.

Can we give the Tigers Woods story a rest? 

Luzerne County loses another human resources director.  What's going on down there?