Saturday, May 22, 2010

Bad Photography Saturday

This is the bandshell at Nay Aug Park in Scranton.

I'm not sure exactly when this one was built, but it replaced one, on the same site, that was destroyed in a fire.

If I recall correctly, the original was a bit more elaborate.  The roof was higher, and it was enclosed.  It's funny what you remember.  My dad and mom took me here in 1970 to watch Jim Crowley attempt to break the record for continuous piano playing.  I can still see him in what looked like a navy pea coat.  The date escapes me, but I do remember it was very cold, and there was a small portable heater as Crowley banged away at the keyboard.

I took a lot of pictures during my last park visit, and they'll be sprinkled in during the next several weeks.  If you're looking for a place to stretch your photography legs, the park is it.