Tuesday, May 4, 2010

McUpdate

Back in February, I lamented the loss of the Dunmore McDonald's, a restaurant near and dear to my heart-- and stomach.  The building was torn down, and replaced with a new one.  While it's still a few weeks away from opening, this photo, taken Friday morning, gives you a good idea of what we have.

This is the new McDonald's standard look.  Hanover Township, in Luzerne County, has the same thing.  That famous double sloped Mansard roof is a thing of the past.

It has all the charm of a stone shoe box.  The golden arches have been replaced, on the building, with what the company calls the "eyebrow swoosh."  I'm fairly certain some sore of red and yellow awning goes over the front windows, softening the look a bit.

Get real.  Yes, I know it's only a burger and fries joint.  As long as the workers can get me in and out fast, I'll be an occasional customer.