Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bad Photography Saturday

As we sweat through one of the hottest days of the summer today, here's a reminder that cooler weather and fall are on the way.

Take a look at Eiler-Martin Stadium, home of the Warriors, on the campus of East Stroudsburg University.

This really is a "Bad Photography Saturday."  A few things contributed to the bad shot.  The sun was in my face, reflecting off the plastic grass.  As you can see below, the stadium's bleachers aren't very tall so it was tough to get one of those nice "up high" pictures.  I couldn't get a decent photo with the sun at my back because only half of the stadium has bleachers.

Also, I didn't tweak the colors.  The artificial and real grass really were "that" green.

I grew weary of summer several weeks ago, and I'm really looking forward to fall-- and a breath of fresh air.  The simple act of walking around a football stadium, on a college campus, made me feel a little better.

ESU students are lucky.  The campus, among the nicer in our area, has plenty of trees and green space.  That means a lot.

By the way, the first ESU home football game is September 11, when IUP comes to town.