Wednesday, August 18, 2010

99 44/100 % Pure

Joe Snedeker and I got into a discussion over the weekend that even continued into Monday.  Joe was thrilled that he found some allegedly fantastic "body wash" at one of the dollar stores.  The stuff works on everything-- hair and skin, and he even shaves with it.  Joe offered to get me some.  I declined, but I was intrigued.  My first question was the scent.  Joe couldn't describe it.  Instead, he offered to let me sniff him.  Pass.

I assume you've been to a drug store or a big box discount store lately.  There is an astounding number of choices-- bars, creams, gels, etc.  For a long time, one simple factor dominated the decision making process:  "What's on sale?"

There's a product that's been around for decades that accomplishes much more than Joe's body wash.  It's called Ivory Soap.  It's inexpensive.  It smells nice, and you can use it everywhere.  I mean everywhere.

It might not be cool.  It might not be hip.   You can find it in any store.   It's cheap and it works, and that's all I really care about.

Smell you later.