Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How?

I want Jennifer Aniston's agent.  Seriously.  I really do.  The vast majority of her movies bomb.  The latest, "The Switch," opened this weekend.   It placed 8th on the weekend box office list.  8th!!!

Despite a horrible track record, the woman still gets work.

I can't figure it out.  Pretty.  Talented.  Yet, no one goes out of their way to view her films.  Does she choose bad projects?  Likely. 

Even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while.  Aniston has yet to find that elusive nut.  Her biggest hit, in recent memory, was "Marley & Me," and a dog was the real star of that one.

It has to come down to this-- Jennifer Aniston has a killer agent, one who scores her big movie roles and great paychecks, even though the viewing public cares little about what she does.

I don't begrudge Jennifer Aniston one bit.  In fact, I'm a big fan.  Anyone who keeps hitting financial home runs while striking out at the box office is okay by me.

I never watched "Friends."  To me, it was just a half hour of a bunch of people and their incessant whining-- just like "Seinfeld," another series I religiously avoided and detested.

Jen, I'm looking forward to your next big thing, and I hope it's a big success.