Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Net Notes

It was a scary episode for this old blogger.

Blogger.com is out with a new template.  I was testing it Sunday afternoon.  There's one button to click for the test, then another to publish.  I hit the wrong button, and the template I wanted to merely test became mine.  It had potential, but I didn't like it.  The margins weren't right.  I couldn't get the header photo to center up.

Panic set in when I set out to change it back.  I couldn't find my old template.  Luckily, I found a Blogger.com forum and asked for advice.  A kind soul told me where to find the older templates, as the one I wanted, Minima Stretch made its debut four years ago.

As you can see, everything is back to normal.

I had the opportunity yesterday to test the WiFi system that now surrounds Courthouse Square in downtown Scranton.  I got a strong signal on North Washington Avenue.  I certainly hope so.  I was directly in front of the courthouse.  The bottom line-- solid, but slow.