Friday, September 10, 2010

Norm

As many of you know, today is Norm Jones' last day at WNEP.

Now, for all to read, is the story that I constantly use to torture Norm.

I believe the year was 2001.  Our executive producer at the time was screening tapes of job candidates.  Yes, it was tapes back then.  Now, everything's on disc.  Anyway, I poked my head in the office to ask a question as Norm's tape was being played.  He was working at a station in Ohio at the time.  I paused for a few moments to watch.  I was impressed, and I told the executive producer that we should hire that guy.  We did.  I always remind Norm that he owes his job at WNEP to me.

Of course, part of that is bull.  Norm would have been hired anyway.  He was, and is, very good.  The rest of the story is true.

Norm is one of those guys you like to have around the office-- funny and calming when he needs to be, serious when the conditions warrant, professional all the time.

Norm, good luck down the road!