Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Back to Normal

All crimes are senseless, and arson has to be at the top of the list.  I've written about it, here, before, so I'll spare you a second dissertation.

There was a small fire set inside St. Peter's Cathedral in Scranton just before Christmas.  The cathedral closed for a final cleaning last week, and it re-opened Saturday morning.

I'd feel the same way, no matter if it were a church, synagogue, mosque or temple, public building or private home.  Arson puts so many lives at risk, and it's so sad.

So far, no arrest in the cathedral fire, and another small one next door.  It will be interesting to see who and what were behind the crimes.

The Diocese of Scranton promises security at the church.  I never thought I'd see the day when there are as many cameras and guards at a church as there are at a bank.