Thursday, February 17, 2011

State of Denial

My post Super Bowl "state of denial" successfully continues.  I've gone more than a week WITHOUT:  sports talk radio, SportsCenter, Pardon the Interruption, Tony Kornheiser's radio show, the NFL Network and every other web site, radio show or TV show that might discuss how the Steelers handed Super Bowl XLV to the Green Bay Packers.

Childish?  Guilty as charged, your honor.

So, what have I used to replace all the previously mentioned media?  It's mostly been Howard Stern and the XM 70's channel.  There's an all night radio show called "Red Eye" that's actually very good.  TV?  Scrubs and Entourage re-runs, and you can't go wrong with a classic episode of Match Game on GSN.

I'll eventually return to my old media viewing and listening habits.  What's surprised me so far is how easy it's been to make changes, and how little I really miss them.