Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Snow

While snow in late March isn't unusual, it is unpleasant.  After all, we're in the "spring" mode.  We've had a few warm days, and we long for more.

It's funny when you try to put in perspective.  I shivvered as I worked a story on the streets of west Scranton yesterday.  It was around 40 degrees, which would be considered warm for January.  However, it wasn't January.  It was March, and I was cold.  Plus, it was damp, and that kind of weather goes right through you.  It made my cozy bed feel even better when I finally got home after a long day.

No matter what it was like yesterday, and what we're experiencing today, we're one day closer to those uncomfortably hot and sticky days of summer.  Summer might be delayed, but it will not be denied.

The snow will melt in a few days.  Have patience.  We'll be okay.