Friday, May 13, 2011

Guaranteed to Make You Cry



I love 70's music, I'm a sucker for sad songs, and the XM/Sirius 70's channel is usually on in the house.

A song called "Sideshow" by Blue Magic comes around from time to time.  For some reason, it popped into my head while I was working the overnighter last weekend.  It's okay to sing out loud when very few people are in the building to hear it.

Then, "Sideshow" turned up on the radio I had tuned to an oldies station in one of our live trucks while a photographer and I were returning from a story Monday morning.  It's fate.  I just had to share it with you here.

"Sideshow" came out in 1974.  It made it as high as 8 on the Billboard chart.  Lyrics meant something back then, and there are some great lines in the song.

Listen, and remember.