Friday, June 17, 2011

13

I know I say it every year at this time, but where has the time gone?

Today is my 13th anniversary at WNEP.  It seems like I walked in the door yesterday, and compared to some of the veterans here, it really was yesterday.

On the other hand, we've had a lot of new people enter the operation recently.  It's great to see their enthusiasm, new ideas, and their rapid grasp of new technology. 

It's an interesting mix of the experienced people teaching the new ones about broadcasting and journalism, and the newbies teaching the vets about all the new tools we have at our disposal.

We're in graduation season, and here's a little advice to job seekers.  You have to have something an employer wants, and you also need a lot of luck.  At the time I was looking for work 13 years ago, WNEP needed another producer-- fast.  The rest is history.  If luck seems elusive, don't get discouraged.

Thanks for a good 13.