Monday, June 13, 2011

As Time Goes By

As many of you know, I've been doing this broadcasting thing for a very long time.

As time goes by, I've found it takes less and less to make me sad, and it takes more and more to shock me.

I can honestly say I was shocked beyond belief at a crime in Wayne County last week.  I'll give you the short version.  A woman gives birth.  The baby's father takes the infant, smashes it with a cinder block, and buries the body near Hamlin.  Both parents are charged with homicide-- the father for obvious reasons, the mother for going along with the plan.

Yes, the accused are innocent until proven guilty.

 I'm sure the psychologists and psychiatrists can probably come up with some reasons behind the crime, and there is a place in this world for their science.

If what police say it true, this has to be one of the most horrible crimes I've ever encountered. and I can't believe something like this actually happened.  Cruel and inhuman doesn't begin to describe it, and there's absolutely no way to explain it.

Just when you think you've seen it all, something comes along that leaves you stunned.

And, that's not all.

A couple in Plymouth allegedly abused a boy for years.  He's now 13.  Police say the child killed fifty cats, doesn't know how to brush his teeth, and doesn't know how to eat with utensils.

And, then there is the man from Mountain Top who has been arrested for driving under the influence nine times!  NINE TIMES!

What is wrong with our justice system, and what is wrong with our society?