Monday, October 24, 2011

4 Month Late Movie Review

I finally got around to seeing "Bad Teacher."   In case you don't already know, Cameron Diaz plays an unmotivated teacher, using her job to find a rich husband.

I like my comedies on the darker side, so this one was right up my alley.  It's not on the "Bad Santa" level but it's still entertaining.

Warning for those expecting a big moral lesson:  You won't find it here.  The Cameron Diaz character proves you can get what you want by lying, cheating, and stealing.  Several on-line reviews I read have a problem with that.  I didn't.  It's a movie, and a dark comedy at that.

While you really can't root for the Diaz character, you can root against one of her enemies-- a way too perky, way too nosy, and way too annoying fellow teacher.  I hate that type.

I can't say I loved "Bad Teacher," but it was better than okay.