Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Election Day

It is one of my favorite days of the year.  It's election day.

There are several big races we're following today-- including PA attorney general, US senate, state house and state senate.  You have a good feeling how most of these races will go, but there is always a surprise or two.  Even where the outcome is expected, there's always room for analysis.  Of course, it all ends with a look toward the general election in November.

As always, we'll use a multi platform approach to bring you the latest.  Look for Twitter and WNEP.com updates throughout the day and evening.  We'll be on the air, wall to wall, beginning at 8 PM on WNEP2.  Of course, there are our regularly scheduled newscasts at 10 and 11 PM, and a complete wrap up the next day on Newswatch 16 This Morning.

My plans?  As always, they're subject to change, but I'll preview some big races in our morning broadcast and a turnout story for noon.   We'll also look at the dry run of the new voter ID law.  I'm then off the clock, but I'll be watching tonight.  I'll do as many Twitter updates as I can during the day.  Do yourself a favor and follow the other WNEP reporters who Tweet.  You'll get a good sense of the way the day is going.

I do have to note one of my favorite commercial issues.  I won't mention the candidate, but the ads feature this person in a courtroom, complete with phony judge on the bench, and fake jurors in the box.  Of course, cameras aren't allowed in Pennsylvania courtrooms.  It's all Hollywood, and it's all sad.  Instead of staging theatrical productions, address real reform here in Pennsylvania.

Please, get out and vote today, and watch the numbers roll in here tonight.