Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thursday Scrapple

I hated them at first, but the Miami Marlins uniforms have really grown on me.

I'm still not digging the return of the Baltimore Orioles' cartoon bird.

While traveling around the other afternoon, I noticed a lot of cars in the parking lot of that new book store outside the Viewmont Mall in Dickson City.  Yes, I know it's a chain, and not a mom and pop operation.  Still, watching a book store draw a crowd warms my heart.

Plenty of early high school commencement exercises this year.  I think I graduated June 13th.  I would have loved to be free of that horror a couple weeks sooner.

The Pocono Record recently speculated on the return of Indy cars to Pocono Raceway.  I'd love to see that.

I'm sorry if you own some, but I'm really enjoying watching FaceBook stock drop like a rock.  It was overvalued, and I'm shocked most people didn't see that.

Time is flying by.  We just had Memorial Day.  Independence Day is in sight, and that means Labor Day is right around the corner.  I have to start my Christmas shopping.

I live near a bank with one of those TV screen type flashing LED screens.  It advertises many things, including the 24 hour ATM in its drive through.  Aren't all ATM's 24 hours, unless they're inside locked buildings?

Note to people living and working along the Route 611/Interstate 80 corridor in Monroe County:  I don't know how you do it.  Traffic there is a never ending nightmare.

Is there a burger chain around here that actually knows how to put the "fast" in to "fast food?"

While I was watching the latest "Restaurant Impossible" episode, I got the feeling the owner of that barbecue restaurant in Memphis didn't appreciate what was being done for him.  After reading the update on the Food Network web site, I was right.