Saturday, June 16, 2012

Bad Photography Saturday: The Stadium

I thought it was just me.

I don't watch as many live major league baseball games on TV these days, but I usually do catch some highlights on MLB Network.  I've been noticing a lot of empty seats this season, and one of the places that shouldn't happen, is in Miami.  The Marlins have a new stadium this year.

Tony Kornheiser was interviewing a Miami Herald sportswriter on his radio show this week.  The writer said attendance in the new park is good, but everyone expected more, and other teams are experiencing the same thing.  Fans are staying home, and it's noticeable.

Are you listening, Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees?  A new stadium does not guarantee turnstile gold.  You have to put a good product on the field, hold promotions and giveaways, and make sure the fan experience is positive-- from the second the first car enters the parking lot until the last one leaves.

We've heard the promises.  You have ten months to figure out how to do it.

I took the photo you see above Thursday morning.  More on the demolition tomorrow.