Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bad Photography Sunday: Bellefonte

I would have loved to have seen Bellefonte at its peak.

This is a shot of the Exchange Building in the downtown section.  Retail on the first floor.  Apartments above.  It's a beautiful old building.  Bellefonte is like a lot of small towns-- plenty of empty storefronts.  It's sad.  The charm is still there.   The businesses, unfortunately, are not.

I spoke with one of the people who coordinated the media arrangements with the town and the county.  He was impressed with the look of the place and the friendliness of the people.  I could not agree more.

I have to pass along one other note.  Technically, Bellefonte is part of the Johnstown/Altoona market.  However, WNEP is still available over the air and on some cable systems.  A woman walked up to our truck Tuesday morning and told me she watches Newswatch 16 every Saturday and Sunday morning.  It knocked my socks off.  She was so kind, and complimentary, and it made my day.