Sunday, June 17, 2012

Bad Photography Sunday: Demolition

It's fascinating stuff.  I do check out the construction webcam at the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees web site.  Let me tell you something.  The web cam doesn't do it justice.  You have to see it in person.

What you see above was shot Thursday morning.  The right field stands used to be here.  The left field job will be more complicated because the home clubhouse has to be preserved.  The only thing on the right field side was the stadium club restaurant, and no one went to that, anyway.

The lower bowl remains.  The goal here is to make sure seats are closer to the field.  I was less than thrilled with the new design.  It looks like a single-A ballpark, but I'm willing to keep an open mind.  I might wind up liking it.

Notice, the field is in great shape.  The head groundskeeper told me he still takes acre of as if the team is still in town.  The field remains the same as the new stadium goes up around it.