Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wednesday Scrapple

"Plays of the Week" on MLB Network is one of the best shows on television.  I've always found defense much more interesting and entertaining than someone hitting a home run.

Why does CBSPhiladelphia.com make me click through so many pages before I get to the KYW 1060 live stream?

Okay.  We've had a couple days in the 90's.  I'm ready for fall.

I'm more than half way through the new and massive biography of Walter Cronkite-- a fascinating read.  I will be sad when I'm finished.

CNN has pulled the plug on John King's evening show.  Some of CNN's decisions defy analysis.  Yes, the ratings weren't the greatest, but it was a good show.  CNN is also yanking Ashliegh Banfield from its morning show.  It took CNN a while to realize she brings nothing to the table.

Thank heaven the NBA season is over, so we can begin talking about real sports, like baseball and football.

America needs more ice machines.

Is it just me, or are there more Citgo stations in the area recently?

Once again, the cowardly state legislature has failed to act on the privatization of the state alcohol system.  Regardless of how you feel on the issue, at least they should come up with a plan and have people vote on it.

How can forecasters get Tropical Storm Debby's path so wrong?  Sunday, the storm was headed due west. By Monday morning, it was almost straight north.

I've been hearing so many cell phone pricing plan horror stories lately.  Part of me wants to say cell phone companies are pricing themselves out of the market, but the rest of me believes people will pay huge amounts because they're hooked.  I'm still very happy with my old flip phone.

I'm not a Jimmy Fallon fan, but I do enjoy his Capital One baby commercials.