Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Out of the Tube

The Emmy awards were handed out Sunday night, and the whole thing made me feel so out of touch with the rest of the world.

"Modern Family" won for best comedy.  I tried to watch it a couple times.  It did nothing for me, and I couldn't make it through an entire episode.

"Homeland" picked up a bunch of awards.  I had never heard of it.

I don't watch "Dancing with the Stars," but I was happy to see Tom Bergeron win for reality show host.  I've always liked his work.

Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show" was one of Sunday night's winners.  People keep telling me how great "The Daily Show" is.  I've tried.  I just don't see it.

Jimmy Kimmel hosted the Emmy broadcast.  I didn't see it.  It was well past my bed time.  I've read good and bad Kimmel reviews.  He can be a horse's arse on occasion, but most of the time I find him to be really funny.

Michael J. Fox was one of the presenters.  I wasn't a "Family Ties" or "Spin City" viewer, but I always felt Fox carried himself with a great deal of dignity and class.

Like a lot of big TV events, I skipped the Emmys, but I don't feel like I missed anything.