Friday, October 12, 2012

In the Rear View Mirror

One more Sandusky blog before I move on to other things...

As were leaving Bellefonte Tuesday morning, photographer Mark Monahan and I wondered if we'd ever be back.  I said it's likely. 

What happened here will live on for a very long time-- after Jerry Sandusky's life ends behind bars, after I retire.

Sandusky's lawyer plans an appeal.  He could get a new trial.  The experts think it's unlikely.  There are the civil suits against Penn State University, though the university has expressed an interest in settling as many as possible, as fast as possible.

Tim Curley and Gary Schultz, the ones who allegedly tried to cover up Sandusky's horrible acts, will go on trial, but that will be in federal court, not in Bellefonte.

I'm sure there legal proceedings ahead we still don't know about.

I don't think we've seen the last of Bellefonte.