Tuesday, December 18, 2012

We Needed That

Since Friday morning, the most horrible of stories has been front and center.

Yesterday, I was at the opening of the new Seventh Street Bridge in Stroudsburg.  It was a big deal-- complete with high school band, a joking radio DJ, fancy cars, and plenty of politicians.  About a hundred people were there to watch-- and have a good time.

I was too busy writing when the people were here.  If you didn't see the story I did, or the one Raegan Medgie produced, you'll have to take my word for it.

It seemed to me that people enjoyed the bridge opening more than they normally would.  I suspect everyone needed a break, an opportunity to have a little fun, a bit of a chuckle, and a chance to celebrate something good.

It wasn't much, and it didn't last long.  Still, it was a tiny bit of relief everyone needed.