Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday Scrapple

Burned out street lights are one of my major pet peeves, and it seems like there are a lot of burned out ones these days.  How do city/borough officials not notice?

Is "Family Feud" the only show on GSN?  It's on any time I flip through.

I shed no tears over Notre Dame's loss in last week's national chanpionship game, but I do wish it was a better contest.

I'm not complaining about the "January Thaw."

This year's Academy Awards look interesting because movies people actually saw have been nominated.

I once rode in an elevator in Morgantown, WV with the great Brent Musberger.  He was exceptionally nice.  I was a fan before.  I was a fan then.  I'm a fan now.  No one has ever anchored an NFL pre game/half time show better, and he has that "big game" voice that's perfect for college football.

NBC's Matt Lauer interviewed Katherine Webb last week.  He tried to push Webb into blasting Musberger.  She wasn't offended by his BCS title game comment, and she was too smart to fall for Lauer's tricks.  Good for her.  Lauer's slimey, smarmy performance was shameful.  No wonder the "Today" show is hemorrhaging viewers.

I topped 500 Twitter followers last week.  Thank you!

While wandering through a shopping mall Thursday afternoon, I noticed how empty it was.  I'm not sure if it was the flu or the January doldrums.  It was likely a combination of the two.