Monday, January 28, 2013

Update

Last year, I wrote how much I was enjoying the Food Network show "Restaurant Impossible."  To bring you up to speed, chef Robert Irvine goes around the country, fixing broken restaurants and bad ownership.  There's been a disturbing trend recently.  The producers have lined up the most horrible and dysfunctional families they could find.  The show has turned into a Food Network version of Dr. Phil.  It's no longer destination viewing for me.  If I stumble across it, I'll watch for a while.  I don't seek it out.  I will admit that Irvine must be doing something right.  In 66 episodes, only six restaurants have failed.

Twitter followers and Linked In contacts have taken a jump recently, and I don't know why.  I use "The Twitter" like an instant messenger for people I know, so if you choose to follow me, don't expect much.  Thank you nonetheless.

Not only are people requesting to be part of my Linked In network, I'm being endorsed for skills and expertise.  I'm flattered, and another thank you.

I'm glad the cold snap is over.  I've run out of things to say about it.

While local radio leaves a lot to be desired, there is something good out there.  Live and local is better, but there is a station that carries a 5 AM news hour produced by the Wall Street Journal.  It's more than business and it's very well done.

I still can't believe Manti Teo can be that stupid. Many of us have led with our hearts rather than our heads, and there's nothing wrong with that.  Teo has taken it to a new extreme.

The NBA's New Orleans Hornets become the New Orleans Pelicans in the fall.  At least, it wasn't the Porcupines.