Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Little Easter

Working holidays is never fun, but as I've said before, when you take a job in the news business, you know it's going to happen.  I've worked a lot of Easter Sundays over the years.

One of my co-workers, Suzanne Goldklang, made the day tolerable this year.  She organized not one, but two staff Easter egg hunts.  The first was for the morning crew, and a later edition for the night people.

I was in a hurry to get out of the building Sunday morning, and I was lucky there was an egg sitting right below my computer monitor.  The search was neither lengthy nor difficult.

That's me-- holding my prize.  There were chocolate malted milk candy eggs inside, and I love those.  By the way, I'm wearing the a new turquoise tie I found on eBay.  Pink is usually my Easter tie color of choice, but I decided to change it up this year.  I wore pink on Saturday and purple on Monday.

It's amazing how something as simple as a few candy eggs can brighten your day.

Thanks, Suzanne.