Friday, April 12, 2013

Unfinished Friday

I really thought I was going to be in the middle of a tornado Wednesday afternoon.  The atmosphere turned a yellowish green, which is supposed to be a signal that it's tornado weather.  All my neighborhood received was high winds and heavy rain, which was more than enough.

The cooler weather made me smile.  It's spring, a great time of year.  I'd hate it if we went from winter, directly to summer.

Former Citizens Voice publisher Bob Manganiello died Wednesday night.  He was a nice man who helped keep the newspaper running during the difficult early days.  My sympathy goes out to his family and friends.  Bob Manganiello was 75.

Of the nine teams in the International League that have had home games, the Scranton Wilkes-Barre RailRiders are seventh in attendance.  Granted, it's a young season, and attendance usually doesn't pick up until summer hits and the kids are out of school.

The pretentious Masters golf tournament is underway.  I won't be watching.

I own a few LED light bulbs, and I like them.  They deliver good light, without the heat and they don't burn power.  Some LED bulbs were involved in a recall.  Reading the code numbers on the base was nearly impossible.  There ought to be a law-- make the fine print less fine.  After an examination with a magnifying glass, and after dealing with an impatient woman at the bulb company, I learned my bulbs were not part of the recall.

The MLB Network goes a really good job of stringing together game highlights.  They use the calls from game announcers, rather than voice overs from studio hosts.  Bravo!  It's baseball without the ESPN style schtick.