Friday, May 10, 2013

Not Me




It's a question I get from time to time.

Friend and co-worker Dave Scarnato took this photo last weekend in Pittsburgh.

No, I do not have relatives, at least that I know of, in western Pennsylvania.

A man named Antonio Palumbo gave a lot of money to Duquesne University in Pittsburgh.  A business school there bears his name as well.  There's also a Palumbo building at Gannon University in Erie.

A web search shows Mr. Palumbo made his money in mining.

Even though he isn't related, I think it's cool that the family name is rather well known out there.  Go, Dukes!  I can't even get my alma mater, Marywood, to answer my letters.

I'm also not related to the Palumbo family that owned a club in Philadelphia for decades.  Many comedians, including David Brenner, got their starts at the club.

It seems we have most of the state covered-- the Palumbo name in Pittsburgh, Erie, Philadelphia, and here in the northeast.

Thanks.