Monday, May 6, 2013

Smart

I've been in broadcasting for a long time.  I minored in public relations and advertising in college.  I've always been interested in business, and I can be fascinated by little things.

Now that I've built the foundation, the person who designed Riccardo's market in Dunmore is a diabolical genius.

The Shur Save chain of supermarkets had a sale on Diet Pepsi last week, so I dropped by Wednesday afternoon to pick up a couple cases.  Riccardo's moved in to a new building a few years ago, and it's very nice.

To get into the major part of the supermarket, you first have to pass through a delicious bakery, deli, and ready made meal section.  It took every ounce of willpower to avoid loading up the cart.  Don't ask me how, but I managed to do it.  A Boston creme cake provided the biggest challenge.

I grabbed my soda and headed for the door, happy with myself, and silently applauding the work of a very savvy store designer.