Thursday, May 2, 2013

Yes!

After a lot of recent whining, today's blog entry is dedicated to some of the good things out there.

The first is a documentary that recently ran on the Discovery Channel.  You can still see it for another couple weeks if your cable system has the "On Demand" feature.  It's called "All the President's Men Revisited."  It's Robert Redford's look back at the movie and the Watergate scandal that consumed the Nixon presidency.

It's 90 minutes of great TV.  You hear from the people who were there at the time, and there are snippets of today's journalists and commentators looking back on the early 70's.  You'll like it if you're a movie fan, especially a fan of Redford and Dustin Hoffman.  If you're a history buff, like me, you'll be in heaven.

"All the President's Men Revisited" takes you back to a fascinating time and place in American history.  There are those who say Watergate shows the strength of the United States constitution and that the system of government we have actually works.  Pay close attention to the comments of political strategist James Carville, who alleges Watergate taught us nothing, and there will likely be an even bigger scandal sometime in our future.

I recently suffered a nasty sunburn.  It was my own fault.  I sat through a three and a half hour baseball game unprotected.

I tried everything to find some comfort, and the best thing I used was plain old Bactine.  I don't remember when and why I bought it, but I found a bottle in my bathroom.  It took away some of the heat and the sting.  It helped the nasty, old, burned skin dry up and flake off.  Heavy moisturizers, creams and ointments only caused the burned skin to stick.  They did nothing to aid healing, and there wasn't much pain relief.

You never see Bactine advertised, and that's too bad.  It's a good product.