Sunday, August 18, 2013

Bad Photography Sunday: O'Hara Hall

This is O'Hara Hall, on the campus of the University of Scranton.  It's just across the street from the building I showed you yesterday.  Note the WNEP truck in the lower right of the photo.

If memory serves, a coal company used to have its offices here, before it got into the U's hands.

I tried doing some on-line research and ran in to a few dead ends.  First, the University of Scranton should place a little campus history on its web site.

Second, the Lackawanna Historical Society needs to have some research features on its web site.  I know it runs on grants and donations.  Money is tight.  Still, it would be nice.

This building has always been one of my favorites.  As I've said before, I'm all for reusing old buildings when feasible.